Toowoomba District Primary School Teams Chess Championship
Date: Saturday, 5 September 2020
Start Time: 9.00am arrival with 9.30am start sharp
Pickup & Drop Off: Ramsay St Car Park
Finish Time: Approximately 4.00pm
Venue: Centenary Heights State High School – Assembly Hall
Entry: $70 per team of 4
Deadline: Entries must be in by Wednesday, 3 September 2020 at 5.00 pm
The annual Toowoomba District Primary School Teams Chess Championship will be held on Saturday, 5 September 2020 at Centenary Heights State High School – Assembly Hall, 60 Ramsay Street, Toowoomba.
This event is open to all primary schools in the Toowoomba region from Years 1 to 6.
Please arrive at 9.00am so registration can be completed in a timely manner and we can start on time at 9.30am sharp.
There will be only one division open to all primary school ages.
These prizes will be awarded:
- 1st place (4 trophies)
- 2nd place (4 trophies)
- 3rd place (4 trophies)
- 4th place (4 medallions)
- 5th place (4 medallions)
- Best All-Female Team (4 trophies)
- Outstanding Team Achievement Award – for younger students (4 trophies)
A team will consist of four students from years 1 to 6 (male and female) (no substitutes) and each team will play six rounds throughout the day.
Teachers, please collect team names and details via the form below and email to Sam (email@example.com) no later than 5pm on Wednesday, 3 September 2020.
**Entry Form Link**
Please download entry form, complete and send your completed entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 3 September 2020 at 5.00pm.
Other Important Details
- Please bring any food or drink for the day.
- Each school needs to have no more than one representative (eg. teacher) from their school for the supervision & responsibility of their students.
- It is recommended that students bring a book, or a ball to play with in-between the rounds/games.
- It is recommended that students bring bottled water on the day.
- Please download entry form above, complete and send your completed entry form to email@example.com by Wednesday, 3 September 2020 at 5.00pm.
- Please complete the details in the relevant columns and make sure you group each team together on the entry form, giving each member of one team the same team number.
- Please collect the money for all your students (at your end). The Toowoomba Chess Club will invoice your school for the total amount of teams from your school after the event.
- No parents/family members/friends etc can attend the tournament due to number restrictions.
- Each school can enter only one team (4 players per team – no reserves) into the competition due to number restrictions. If we aren’t at capacity closer to the deadline an email will go out to let you know you can enter another team. If we get more than 23 teams register, unfortunately the lower rated teams will be unable to attend.
- The top 2 teams will represent the local region in the upcoming State Finals in Brisbane.
Please arrange to let your child/ren’s school know of their registration and arrange payment to the school.
How to Get There
Please see map below of where the tournament is located.
Please direct all enquiries to Sam Buckley, Toowoomba Chess Club on 0413 147 494 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The red arrow shows the location of the Primary Teams Chess Championship.
In School Directions
The red arrows show how to walk down to the tournament venue. You can also see tournament parking indicated on the map.