Toowoomba District Primary School Invitational Chess Championship
15 and 16 August 2020
The Millenium Centre
Toowoomba Anglican School
2 Campbell Street, East Toowoomba
Deadline for Entries – 12th August 2020
Dates & Times:
Saturday 15 August 2020 – 2pm sharp till approximately 5.30pm
Sunday 16 August 2020 – 2pm sharp till approximately 6.30pm
Drop Off and Pickup:
Dudley Street at the gate of the oval to the Millenium Centre
Drop off at 1.30pm each day
Pick up at 5.30pm Saturday and 6.30pm Sunday
- 1stPlace: $150 + Trophy
- 2nd Place: $100 + Trophy
- 3rd Place: $75 + Trophy
- 4th Place: $50 + Trophy
- Outstanding Male Achievement Award – Trophy
- Outstanding Female Achievement Award – Trophy
- NB: Each player can only win ONE prize
$26.00 per student
No. Of Rounds:
6 or 7 in total (based on final numbers)
Rate of Play:
25 mins each plus 3 seconds per move for each game
Please note Covid-19 Changes below:
- Entries capped at 90 players. Once 90 purchases have been made on the website it won’t allow anymore.
- No spectators or parents are permitted at the tournament due to number restrictions
- An attendance register will be kept by the Toowoomba Chess Club of everyone present at the tournament, adults and children alike for the purposes of contact tracing if needed. Every person will need to complete this when they arrive and enter a departure time when they leave.
- Social distancing will be in force at the tournament along with hand sanitisation as you arrive, and before each round for the players.
- No food or drink is to be provided so please bring your own food and drink with you.