2020 Toowoomba District Primary School Individual Chess Championship
Date: Tuesday 3 March 2020
Start Time: 8.30am arrival with a 9.00am (Sharp) start
Finish Time: Approximately 4.00pm
Venue: Highlands Christian College – Multi-Purpose Centre
(Ruthven St Entrance)
Entry: $16.00 per student
Deadline: Thursday 27 February 2020 at 5.00pm
Get your entry forms below using these two buttons.
The Toowoomba District Primary School Individual Chess Championship will be held on Tuesday 3 March 2020 at the Highlands Christian College (Multi-Purpose Centre) – Ruthven Street, South Toowoomba.
Please arrive at 8.30am so registration can be completed in a timely manner and we can start on time at 9.00am sharp.
There will be 7 or 8 rounds based on final numbers.
This tournament is open to all primary school students, from Year 1 right up to Year 6. They can compete in one of two divisions.
- Novice division is for Years 1 to 3
- Open division is open to all levels up to Year 6
- 1st Place – Trophy (for both divisions)
- 2nd Place – Trophy (for both divisions)
- 3rd Place – Trophy (for both divisions)
- Special Award (Medallion) – Best Year 1
- Special Award (Medallion) – Best Year 2
- Special Award (Medallion) – Best Year 3
- Special Award (Medallion) – Best Year 4
- Special Award (Medallion) – Best Year 5
- Special Award (Medallion) – Best Year 6
- Outstanding Male Achievement Award (for both divisions)
- Outstanding Female Achievement Award (for both divisions)
(NOTE: only 1 prize per person)
- Each school needs to have a representative/s (e.g. teacher) from their school for the supervision and responsibility of their students.
- Because the venue is near an oval, students may be permitted to play on it in between rounds/games.
- Please download entry forms using the buttons above, complete and send your completed entry forms to email@example.com by Thursday 27 February 2020.
- Please collect the money for all your students (at your end). The Toowoomba Chess Club will invoice your school for the total amount of students from your school after the event.
- Please arrange to let your child/ren’s school know if they are available to play and advise ASAP.
- It is recommended that students bring bottled water on the day.
- Food and drink will be on sale during the day.
- Parents/family members/friends etc are all welcome at the tournament.
General photographs of the playing venue and the children (as a whole) playing will be taken on the day by the Toowoomba Chess Club and may be added to our website or Facebook Page.
How to Get There
Please see map below of where the tournament is located.
Please direct all enquiries to Sam Buckley, Toowoomba Chess Club on 0413 147 494 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The red cross shows the location of the tournament.